Re: [OM] Share my joy!

Subject: Re: [OM] Share my joy!
From: Simon Gotlieb <simong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 16:07:12 +1200
Bill, I'm so happy for you! I too, thought I was the only one who'd scored
an amazing deal. Let me tell you the story of my OM-1.

Couldn't sleep a couple of Friday's ago, so I got up, logged on, and surfed
over to www.trademe.co.nz, a local trading site, kind of like Ebay.

Just entered there was an advert for a OM-10, with flash and motor drive,
not going.

The ad said the mirror was locked up on the camera and so the lot was sold
as-is, with a buynow of $16.

I snapped it up immediately, thinking hey, it might have a 50mm Zuiko on it,
so could be good value.

Imagine my surprise, two days later when a box arrived and upon opening I
discovered:

1 x immaculate OM-1 MD

1 x 50/1.8 Zuiko lens

1 x Winder 2

1 x T-20 flash (less battery cover)

Well the locked-up mirror on the OM-1 was quickly solved by turning the
lockup screw. A new battery ($3.95) solved the meter problem, and four new
Duracell's ($12) sorted out the Winder 2.

A further $20 on a Marumi UV filter made sure the pristine 50/1.8 doesn't
gather any scratches, so I would estimate that all up, this camera has set
me back $52.

To convert that into US dollars, the NZ dollar is currently worth 44cents.

About $23 dollars.

I still have a very big grin on my face!
--

?

Simon Gotlieb
Paparangi, Wellington 6004