Re: [OM] Olympus OM-10

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM-10
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 18:28:41 -0300
I've replaced the foam seals on almost all my cameras without any problems.
I've used craft foam, foam cut from disposable black paint "brushes" (the
foam ones obviously), or a mouse pad. You can keep it in place with friction
fit, or use double sided sticky tape, according to the place it needs it.
It'll likely cost you less than $3, may as well experiment before trashing
it. Just be practical, you're trying to block light with some slightly
squeezed foam. It's not rocket science.
I have a friend who keeps a piece of duct tape on his lieca as a light seal.
I wouldn't recommend this on an olympus, might be okay for a lieca. :-)
If you take the trash can advice, I'll pay the shipping to send it to me, so
as I can put it in my trash can. :-)
Wayne