Re: [OM] ( OM ) lens - AT-X 80-200 mm F-2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) lens - AT-X 80-200 mm F-2.8
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:28:30 -0700
The Oly mounts are still available new, whereas the Tamrons are not. If you are a good machinist, homemade might be better, although the difference in barrel diameter of the Tamron is only about 0.5mm greater than the Oly. There is an indexing bump inside the Oly mount that would need to be removed, but that would be a snap.

Moose

Ian Nichols wrote:

dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Didn't somebody recently post instructions for adapting an Oly tripod mount to the Tamron 80-200/2.8?. I thought I saved the post in case my Tamron tripod mount breaks (Somebody else said they do!), but I can't find it now.

Probably, but I guess I wasn't listening!  As it happens, I don't have an
Olympus lens with a tripod mount, so that wouldn't help much, except to
broaden my search a bit.  I'll probably wind up spending a few lunch times
in the mechanical workshops fabricating one, knowing me.