Re: [OM] ( OM ) lens - AT-X 80-200 mm F-2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) lens - AT-X 80-200 mm F-2.8
From: Ian Nichols <i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 19:44:49 +0100
In article <B9046821.2C00%jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> on 5/12/02 2:34 PM, Brian Swale at bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[snip]
> > Olympus OM fit Tokina AT-X 80-200 mm F-2.8    #1351530465
[snip]
> Price is not so bad still (~46GBP = ~$67) the lens is a very good if a
> bit big and heavy, probably has to be for the f2.8 constant aperture.
> The seem to sell over $200 usually. You shouldn't give up so soon...

I've been tempted to bid on that one myself.  Thought I might then try &
sell my Tamron SP equivalent, on the grounds that big Tammy (as she is
known) doesn't have a tripod mount whereas this Tokina does.

Decided to go back to hoping a tripod mount for big Tammy shows up (or
resort to making one somehow).

Brian: if you've a use/need for a fast tele, it's worth much more than
forty-odd quid, really it is.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |              http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/         |
|  \-/| |  /  |                 i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           |
|             *                   i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx               |