Re: [OM] (ot) Mamiya Press Super 23

Subject: Re: [OM] (ot) Mamiya Press Super 23
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:33:52 -0700
on 5/14/02 8:30 AM, Daniel J. Mitchell at DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Lenses; halve the length for the 35mm equivalent, so the 100mm you have is
> the same as a 50mm. As an interesting added bonus of MF/LF -- if you crop
> out the middle 36x24mm of the frame you shoot, it's the same as a 100mm lens
> on a 35mm camera -- so you get two shots for the price of one, sorta. This
> genuinely does work, too; the "20x20" enlargement I did only got printed on
> 8x10 paper, so I effectively have a zoom lens there, depending on which bits
> I print up.
>
> -- dan

Not only that Dan, but you have a Hasselblad Xpan with extra negative above
and below the image... print the middle strip of the 6x6 and you get a
pretty wide format... you'll have to back up to get a wide angle view into
there, but the negative area will still allow for a sharp print. My first
'real' camera is a Minolta Autocord which I still have around somewhere,
maybe I'll get it out and try it again...
--

Jim Brokaw