RE: [OM] Re: MC 28mm f2?...IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: MC 28mm f2?...IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:52:25 +0200
Cc: "dreammoose" <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>, <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sbaker2@xxxxxxx>
Hi,

Scott Baker

> Well, folks, it finally arrived!

Excellent! That one certainly "was more out there" than the truth in The
X-files --- in fact, you may just _have_ discovered the truth of that
Oly-X-file, well done Mulder! :)

> and waiting some more, the front element finally arrived today, a mere
four
> days from the 2 year anniversary of my initial order.

Dang! Almost two years, wow, this has got to be some record....:)

> This item may be the very last of this lens.  I was told a few days ago
that
> the computer said there were five, but they only found one.  Even though I
> don't have my 28/2 anymore and the person this was purchased for sold his
> long ago, I'm happy to have the element in my hands...at least for a short
> time.  It's going on to a needy home in Zuikoland.

Speaking of which: last week I was contacted by Scott Baker regarding the
28/2 front element, he is in need of a replacement element. I don't know if
you already promissed to pass the element to someone else (or not), but in
case you haven't, you may want to ask him (he's CC'ed on the message, BTW).

> I guess the moral of the story is that if you hang in there long enough,
Olympus might be able
> provide the part you need.  Another moral of the story: don't buy a broken
piece of equipment
> after calling Oly America to see if they have the part...get the part
first :-)

:)
Indeed. "Funny" to know as well that in the meantime the whole OM line has
been discontinued; it almost sounds like a joke even...:0

Good, I guess we can finally close the "lid on this case" then. :)

Cheers,
Olafo