Re: [OM] [ot] way OT; GPS gurus help me! Yes, way OT

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] way OT; GPS gurus help me! Yes, way OT
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 23:53:50 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/02 3:50:47 AM Central Daylight Time, iddibhai@xxxxxxx
writes:

Yes, it is OT however someone else out there may be interested in the answer.
I am no GURU, however I have been using the Delorme Earthmate and Delorme's
software for 5 or 6 years.  I have a laptop mounted on a Jottodesk (think it
is Jottodesk.com) in my SUV and use it for getting me from point A to point
B. Put about 25,000 miles a year on the vehicle mostly in and around Houston.
 It is a great tool, saves much time and aggravation when you are trying to
figure out how to get from where you are to where you want to be.  Hardware
and software probably paid for itself in the first 10 days of use.  Would
highly recommend this set up. Entire US on one disk and high degree of
accuracy.  Tried another GPS & software and took it back because it wouldn't
find anything. My 2 cents based on years of use.  Bill Barber