[OM] RE: OM How bad is this lens damaged?

Subject: [OM] RE: OM How bad is this lens damaged?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:13:29 -0400
Beverly wrote:

>When it arrived I find that it appears that the case is
>mislabeled.  The case says Olympus OM 21mm but the lens would not
>fit so the seller took the back lens cap off to get the lens to
>fit.   He included a nice Olympus soft pouch as a cancellation
>prize for the ill-fitting hard case.

A proper 21/2 case, besides having the word "Olympus" impressed
into the top, has a little black metal tab with the Olympus logo
in silver and, in green lettering, "21mm," and in silver, "F2".
At least, that's what mine looks like, although the lens hasn't
been in it in the 20 years since I bought it.  I keep the cases so
my heirs can get more money when they sell my stuff to y'all after
I'm gone.

Also, speaking of green lettering -- you might want to try another
combination.  The pale green on white is really hard to read.

Walt Wayman