[OM] Karl the Janitor

Subject: [OM] Karl the Janitor
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:12:24 -0500
Steve:

Since the background isn't important, I would try to place the subject
further away from a backdrop to reduce the amount of shadows.  In terms
of even lighting, you will need larger studio lamps that will give even
illumination at a further distance.  A small set-up can easily be rented
at LightTec in Dallas for no more than $40/day.  Also, if you need a
studio, they could probably set that up for you as well.

The shadows falling back on the subject from the broom are quite
interesting, and could easily be reproduced with a small head close to
the subject, similar to your current location.  It also seems that you
are a bit overexposed.  You might want to use a flash meter to check
that you should be at f8.

Anyway, great shot, and let me know if you need any more info!

Bob

p.s.

do you know a guy named Douglas Cartmel?