[OM] Re: Opening battery compartment and scratched negs

Subject: [OM] Re: Opening battery compartment and scratched negs
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 21:38:46 -0700

Pete Prunskunas wrote:

Using a coin to open the battery compartment on OMs can easily
mar the cover.  Has anyone found a better way, maybe a plastic
coin?

From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Opening battery compartment without marring

Micto-Tools <http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/handtool.htm>  has a
couple of solutions. Somebody was selling plastic coin-like things on
*Bay, but I haven't seen them for a while. I use the plastic Micro-Tools
tool. The one weakness is that it's not strong enough to open a cap
someone has really torqued down with a coin, but those are always marked
up already.