Re: [OM] Wide angle focus near & far

Subject: Re: [OM] Wide angle focus near & far
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 21:24:23 -0700 (PDT)
35mm is no longr considered 'wide angle' but 'wide
normal' it'll focus much like your 50mm only have a
larger depth of field. True wide angle lenses start at
28mm on down. You shouldn't have nuch problemsusing a
true wide angle for focusing and DOF since beyond 10
feet at f8 pretty much everything will be in focus.
Wide angle lenses have enormous DOF the problem is
instead framing the picture. You can include lots of
unnecessary stuff in wide angle shots that can detract
from the aesthetic qualities. You should have no
problem with DOF and wide angle lenses.

Mark Lloyd