Re: [OM] [OT]Irony - was Caution etc...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]Irony - was Caution etc...
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 19:21:32 +0100
Cc: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
It could easily be complete b*l*o*ks Andy (an English word for
rubbish for the non-Brits :>)), but you never can tell.  However,
having been a newcomer in the US and having found it difficult
(almost impossible) to get car insurance, I cannot help feeling that
the insurance industry over there has a lot to learn anyway ... not
that I trust many insurance companies anywhere come to that ;-).

What really bothers me though is that a perfectly good word like
"obliged" is discarded for a word made up from a noun = obligation...
obligated!  By that process we might derive a monster like
"pressurisated" from pressurisation  - what was wrong with "pressure"
or even "press"?

All right, I've finished :>).

Chris