Re: [OM] beginners camera

Subject: Re: [OM] beginners camera
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:04:19 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: John Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 4:56 AM
> Wayne,
>
> I've had a Stylus Epic now for three years and it gets far more use than
my
> OM-2 'cos it fits in my pocket, goes with me everywhere, the lens is tack
> sharp, and if it was pinched I'd simply go and buy another. With all the
> stuff you've said about the issue I'd think the Epic would be an ideal
> choice.
>
> Regards,
> John.

Thanks to all those who've made suggestions. He's not looking for prize
winning shots, just a record of his trip. I could give him an OM10 or PC,
and I don't care too much about it getting stolen, but I just think he'd get
a lot of out of focus stuff, plus the flash is too much hassle for him.
So I think the Stlyus Epic with 2.8, and some 200 negative, likely Royal
Gold, is the best way to go. I've never used any of the lesser P&S's olympus
makes, and thought maybe someone might recommend one they liked. It would be
a little less to lose. But I take the absence of any recommendations to mean
they would be questionable in quality.
His 2 older brothers use Olympus digitals, and he thinks he'd like one, but
I'm trying to discourage him from that route for this trip because of cost
and especially the battery and limited memory issues. But maybe I need to
rethink it.
Thanks again,
Wayne