Re: [OM] OM-2 survives earthquake

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 survives earthquake
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:33:32 EDT
Glad to hear you and your OM gear are OK.
I heard on the radio that it was a 5.1 magnitude.
(And now all the California members are going to laugh at the 5.1 part...)

George S.

msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Around 7 this morning my house started to shake violently, and continued
shaking for about 15 seconds.  Among other things, an OM-2 was sent to the
floor from a high shelf.  It hit a dresser, then the floor.  It earned a
little ding on the prism, and the metal base of the rubber lens hood is
dented.  But it seems to work fine, along with the 35-70 lens.

The quake was centered about 12 miles west, across Lake Champlain in the
Adirondack Mts. of N.Y. State. Some fellow there had a chimney land on his
car.

Morgan