[OM] Photography Book recommended

Subject: [OM] Photography Book recommended
From: "Ron Ashford" <Ron.Ashford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 19:14:16 +1200
Hi Zuikos

I've been away at the beach for 5 days (came home to 500+ Olympus posts ;-}

I took 4 books and 3 rolls of Velvia (shot 1 3/4) with me. Of the books, one
was outstanding (you will have to wait for the photos for a few weeks).

The book I was taken by was:

"Edge of Darkness" (The art, craft and power of the high-definition
monochrome photograph); authour Barry Thornton, Publisher Argentum, London,
2000, ISBN 1 902538 09 9

Barry is a proponent of medioum format (specifically a Rollei Sl66 6X6) in
Black & White. His writing style is personal, using anologies such as
motorcycles, and yet is detailed and technical without being boring. Highly
recommend reading this, (borrowed my copy from the Library), makes me want
to set up a darkoom (again!), Book also contains some wonderful photos.

If you like Ansel Adams or Edward Weston photos, these are sure to please
and insipre.

Ron Ashford

PS Barry also likes the Pen F