Re: [OM] Event Photography Advise -Please! [Reprise]

Subject: Re: [OM] Event Photography Advise -Please! [Reprise]
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:51:49 -0500
Here are my thoughts, Bill.  I used to do a lot of grip and grin shots for
the church, and did group shot of 20 posed with a missile last week.  Make
it simple - use one film stock.  I'd use Fuji or Kodak 400 negative from
Wally World - either will enlarge to 8x10 just fine.  Use the OM-4 with the
BG2 and T32, AND the T20 in the hot shoe - they work together just fine and
you can use all of the flash power you can get for some of the shots.  Use
whatever lens fits the scene, but get in close and tight.  You'll find the
24, 35, 50/1.4, and maybe the 100 the most useful.

The studio flash would be nice for posed shots of the graduates, but a lot
of extra effort.  Get the setup early and run a test roll through the lab to
check them, your PC socket/cord, and the meter.  BE SURE YOU SET THE CAMERA
TO X-SYNCH (he shouted) and 1/60. In fact, if you are not really confident,
do a dry run at a class or practice session and burn test film.

Do the group shot outdoors in open shade if you can.  Or go ahead and set up
studio flash.

By the way, nothing wrong with your stable of glass.

Good luck.
Gary