RE: [OM] (OM) Filters for protection

Subject: RE: [OM] (OM) Filters for protection
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:28:05 -0700
I can admit to having a filter on a lens save my bacon once.  Was fumbling
an OM-40 out of the bag, it got jostled, and slipped and hit the pavement
(yes, pavement).  The skylight filter that was attached was totaled, but the
lens managed to survive, albeit needing a bit of surgery...  the glass was
intact, the housing needed a bit of repair.  All that to say, if you're not
a total klutz like me, you'll probably never be in a situation to have a
filter be the difference between catastrophe and survival.

BTW, the lens it saved was a 35-70/3.5-4.5... well worth the lost $15
filter.