[OM] (OM) Filters for protection

Subject: [OM] (OM) Filters for protection
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:07:42 +1200
Hi Ralph,

You asked

> One question, neither of the lenses had a filter
> mounted and I was wondering what the thoughts are on
> using either an Skylight 1b or uv filter.  I have one
> parked on all my other lenses for a bit of protection.
>  Is this recommended practice, and does it affect the
> images at all?
 Well I have a UV filter on every lens which stays there until I have the
environment under control. Once it is safe to do so (ie I'm not going to slip
down a bank, or get twigs slapped across the lens etc) I take the filter off,
take the photo, then put filter back on. And I can still take a photo if
there's a
sudden need.

Brian