Re: Re: [OM] Slides: Mounted or unmounted for scanning?

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Slides: Mounted or unmounted for scanning?
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:29:29 -0700

I believe I read over on the filmscanners list that the carriers are identical--I think it was a Polaroid SS4000 user who bought an extra slide carrier or two back when Polaroid was out. (By the way, I'm told Polaroid has a new batch in now.)

And yes, crap is the word. Cheap as plastic can be. It amazes me mine's still working right. I keep thinking it's gonna break every time I close it with that alarming Snap! sound, but somehow it hasn't . . . yet. <g>

Tris

> Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Unless bowing of the film's an issue (in the mount) I'd definitely
> mount
> them. The Polaroid negative film carrier works, but just barely, and

I wonder if it's similar to the film strip holder for the Microtek scanmaker 35t+, given that the SS4000 is actually manufactured by Microtek ? My Microtek film
strip holders are absolute crap.

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge