[OM] Vancouver Camera Show

Subject: [OM] Vancouver Camera Show
From: Ralph Nitschke <zuiko2002@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:47:51 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings all,

I went to the Vancouver camera show this past Sunday.
This is labeled the 'Biggest Camera Show in Western
Canada', but bear in mind that Western Canada just
isn't all that big population wise ;-)

The show didn't seem as extensive as a previous one
I've been too, but it was still choked full of display
tables and slow moving masses of people.  I brought my
five year-old son with me, see if I could start him
off early - but he was more impressed by the
enlargers, and older cameras.

I did manage to pick-up a couple of inexpensive Zuiks,
200/5 & 135/3.5.  They're both silver-nosed but in
mint condition.  I'm used to lugging around the
65-200, and was blown away by the size of these tiny
49mm zuiks.  Can't wait to get them out and see how
they are in action.

One question, neither of the lenses had a filter
mounted and I was wondering what the thoughts are on
using either an Skylight 1b or uv filter.  I have one
parked on all my other lenses for a bit of protection.
 Is this recommended practice, and does it affect the
images at all?

Cheers,

Ralph