[OM] Negative & Slide film... Price versus Quality

Subject: [OM] Negative & Slide film... Price versus Quality
From: "Bolty" <boldbolty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:46:09 +1000
I have generally seen that most people use slide film for their serious
work... Now I can see why. I just had some film scanned. The scans ranged
from a dirt cheap mass public negative film, semi pro negative film and semi
pro slide film. The difference in each of the quality in the scans ie
sharpness, grain etc is amazing. The cheap negative film lacks sharpness and
anything printed over 5x7 looks bad. Compare this to slide film and a 10%
portion of one frame would still look better as a 5x7 print.
I have learned my lesson. The extra money spent on higher quality films is
well worth the extra price paid especially if you are taking something of a
more serious nature in your photos.
Cheers Adam