[OM] (OT) Martial Arts

Subject: [OM] (OT) Martial Arts
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:14:11 +1200
Hi folks,

I don't want to drag on un-necessarily about something that caused a little
anguish just now, but I do want to make a point that I think is important and
certainly was not clear in what has recently been written.

I can't speak with any authority on any other discipline, but with Judo,
practitioners take very good care of the people they are practicing with and
competing with. We learn to take care of ourselves with breakfalls etc, and
also how to be effective without damage to anybody. Yes, it is possible. After
all, they are our friends and vice-versa, so why would you want to do harm?
And we want them to be there for us the next time too.

I stand to be corrected, but my assessment of Richard Man from what he
has said and the web-site he and his lively wife have put up, is that he has
an impish sense of humour and a quick wit, sharpened no doubt by the
speed, rough & tumble of MA. I took his *challenge* to have been said with a
wide grin, just to get a similar *bite* in return from Skip.

Cheers, Brian