Re: [OM] CF Tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] CF Tripod
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:41:06 -0700
I have had the Gitzo (CF) 1227 ( 3-legged version) for nearly 2 years, and I
have thanked my self a thousand times
during my trips for owning it. It has been with me everywhere - from Europe -
to the glaciers of Alaska- to the tropical
rainforests of Queensland, Australia.  Sure its a bit expensive, ( though its
costs less than  most  good Zuiko primes) but its one
investment that will make more difference to your photography than anything
else - a tripod that you can actually carry with you
places. Its extremely rigid and weighs nearly nothing compared to metallic
tripods.! Speaking of expense, I ordered mine from Robert
White ( www.RobertWhite.co.uk ) after learning about them in photo.net  Its
about the best deal you can get anywhere.
-Tim