Re: [OM] Auto Bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto Bellows
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:15:27 -0400
At 12:11 PM 4/12/02 -0400, msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've got an Auto Bellows with a stuck cable release/stop down mechanism. I use a preset lens, so it's not much of an issue. . . but I was wondering if this is something any of you have tried to fix.

I see some slotted screws on the front standard, so it comes apart...(this type of thinking has gotten me in trouble before)

Any hints?

Hi Morgan,

My bellows had been in storage for about 20 years and, when I took it out a few months ago, it was stuck like you describe. I took it apart and found the hardened grease just like Scott said in his previous message. Also, I think mine had a little corrosion from the damp storage conditions. Anyway, I had to go all the way into mine to get it working and found the disassembly/assembly to be pretty straight forward other than a couple of sticky screws. I don't remember any details now but you shouldn't have any problems. Just examine each piece as you take it out to be sure you know how it works and lay things out in the order you remove them. It should be a piece of cake for anyone that can re-skin a camera! :-)

Later,
Johnny