Re: [OM] 8 mm Fisheye

Subject: Re: [OM] 8 mm Fisheye
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:26:23 -0700 (PDT)
You never know until you try... I would think that
grinding two small elements would't be as expensive as
you might think. (I mean eyeglass manufacturers do it
all the time). Schenieder also might be able to figure
the lens out by testing it etc. Olympus has no
interest in that lens anymore (it was last made 18
years ago and they aren't making any profit off of
selling new ones, a 90/2 macro would be different). Of
course I dunno about the copyrights/patents that might
be involved but again remember this is a very old out
of production lens. The worst they can say is no or
it'll cost ya 2,000 bucks etc. If it costs under $1000
you can easily recoup the cost by selling the lens
later.

Mark Lloyd