[OM] An equipment recommendation

Subject: [OM] An equipment recommendation
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:41:49 -0600
 One thing I took on holiday that turned out to be more useful than I'd
expected; the 'ultrapod'. It's a _tiny_ tabletop tripod -- a lot lighter
than the normal flexy-wire-leg ones you see most places, a tiny ballhead on
top so you can point the camera in lots of directions (which is another big
advantage over the normal ones), and it's, all things considered, pretty
stable. Sure, it flexes if you lean on it too much, but that's where
self-timer comes in.

http://www.pedcopods.com/products.htm#ultrapod1

 Now, it's so small that a lens that's too long will just topple the whole
thing over -- but I found it very handy for taking shots inside where it was
so dark that I was looking at 1s exposure times, and being so very tiny and
light it's easy to just dump into a pocket in case it's ever needed.

 [note: I'm not associated with these folks, just a happy customer]

 -- dan