Re: [OM] Adventures in Macrophotography (asking for recommendations)

Subject: Re: [OM] Adventures in Macrophotography (asking for recommendations)
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 01:35:48 -0400
> I've been working on methods for very diffused off-camera lighting
> without much success outdoors.  Still experimenting with it, but have not
> found a method yet that has a natural look to it.

I remember some time ago someone mentioning that they used a T-32 or T-20 w/
diffuser on a BG2 w/ the 135/4.5 macro and tele-auto tube.  I think they
posted some results on the web, and they looked very good...good ambient
light, no harsh shadows, etc.

I remember that they used manual flash control and fixed magnification (same
as fixed distance).  I can't remember their settings, but they figured out
after trial-and-error and careful note-taking.
Hans has a thorough explanation flash w/ macro here (but I didn't find
exactly what I looking for in the archives):
http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/1999/msg10661.html

I know John Shaw (Close-ups in Nature, I think) outlines how to get proper
non-TTL exposure in macro.  John L has is right, trial-and-error and taking
notes.  Maybe someone has already done this and can share their results.

--p.j.