Re: [OM] How slow is too slow (aperature)

Subject: Re: [OM] How slow is too slow (aperature)
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:04:32 -0600
Hopefully it's just lubrication in the rings inside the lens mount.
Removing the mount is relatively easy.

Lots of 1.4's were sealed more agressively than they should have been,
making disassembly of the front end virtually impossible.  The only way
to find out is to try.  But I wouldn't wait -- if it's just in the rear
end, that can be cleaned easily, but once the lubrication migrates
inside, that could be trouble.

Fortunately OM's actively push the aperture lever closed (unlike some
brands, who's mechanism holds the aperture _open_, then allow the blades
to close when the shutter is fired).  This shouldn't affect your
photography, at least until the aperture hangs up the camera!