[OM] No Proper Exposure Verification With F-280 Flash & OM-1n?

Subject: [OM] No Proper Exposure Verification With F-280 Flash & OM-1n?
From: "support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mp3support@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:36:18 -0600
I just bought an F-280 flash to use with my OM-4t and OM-1n. All functions
on the F-280 work great with the 4t but the flash doesn't give an exposure
verification indication with the OM-1n through the viewfinder or on the
flash unit itself.

The T-20 and T-32 will verify proper exposure by a flashing red light in the
viewfinder on the OM-1n.

With the F-280, the red lamp lights up in the viewfinder when the flash is
charged in the OM-1n. But there is no flashing lamp to verify proper
exposure after the flash fires. I guess the F-280 doesn't work that way with
the OM-1n?

(BTW: I went back to the same camera shop (Art's Camera in Milwaukee) that I
bought my OM-4t to look at their stock pile of  used flashes on April 1st.
This is no April fools joke. It a bought a used F-280 for $35!)

Jim Mueller
Tech Support