Re: [OM] Recording Data ( A little off topic)

Subject: Re: [OM] Recording Data ( A little off topic)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:12:28 -0800
Jim,
 I lose the notebooks, or drop them in the only mud puddle that is
anywhere near where I am shooting. Of course the best angle for the shot
is in thr puddle, or right next to it. I had forgotten about the throat
mics. Did you ever try to use the recorder with a voice recognition
program? Did you ever look into the Digital recorders.
Thanks,
John

"James N. McBride" wrote:

It will not completely eliminate note taking, but a Palm Pilot might be a streamlining solution. You can set up a little data base form with spaces and check offs for the information you want to record. It has shortcuts so that you can use just one or two characters to record longer entries like locations. You can synch it to your home computer so that you have a permanent record of your photo activities and retrieve them at any time with no transcribing required. There are little accessory covers for the Palm that contain a small digital voice recorder when there are those times when you need to make a few quick statements with elusive prey and make the entries later. And you will not lose it or discard it by mistake any more than you would lose a lens. It is more complicated to get started though. An inexpensive one with black and white screen is the best for visibility under most conditions.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?