RE:[OM] Tripods/heads

Subject: RE:[OM] Tripods/heads
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 23:51:37 -0000
Sean D asked:

<snip>
Does anyone have any suggestions, or better yet, any experience with the
190, 055c or especially the 222?
<snip>

Not a lot of experience, Sean, but I had my 055Nat2 and 222Nat out last
weekend in appalling conditions trying to get a TOPE entry...

I liked the 222, it was quick and easy to use, though I didn't use anything
longer than my 85 on it. I had the 300, but all you could see through that
was mist and fog...

It's very adjustable, and takes the same quick release plates as my 141, so
that's a plus. It's quite tall, though, which (for me) is a minus.

Actually, I may have used my 200/4 on it, but I'd have to replay the
Pearlcorder tape to be sure. Anyway, nothing really heavy and long. I have
my 168 for that!

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.bigmac1st.freeserve.co.uk