Re: [OM] Does anyone actually use a 250 exp back?

Subject: Re: [OM] Does anyone actually use a 250 exp back?
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:01:16 -0800
M. Lloyd wrote:

> If one did use it they would either process the film themselves
>  or use a pro lab. If one wasn't trying to make money off
> the pics inside I could imagine getting 250 exposures
> processed would be ungodly expensive. Add that to the fact
> that you must make sure the film processor doesn't throw
> away the canister...

Last time I looked, 70mm long-roll C-41 was in the $1.50-$2.00 per foot range, so not really that bad, I expect 35mm would be a bit cheaper.

Different places handle cannister returns different ways. Some just do it, others you have to ask, some you have to pay, and some just won't promise to return it. I've been looking into mail-order long-roll 70mm E-6, and was thinking of getting some inexpensive steel cans to mail the film in, rather than sending them my 70mm cassettes and hoping they remember to send them back. Should be easy enough to find empty bulk-roll cans to use for that, I'd think.

--
          josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
            http://www.phred.org/~josh/