Re: [OM] Telephoto lens flamethrower

Subject: Re: [OM] Telephoto lens flamethrower
From: will biesele <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:25:40 -0700
Kierstin wrote
> I still haven't received, much to my dismay, any  advice about
taking
> astrophotography (moon & stars) pictures.  Is this too soon in my
love
> affair to consider this?

Never to soon to start. Find a copy of Michael Covington's
_Astrophotography for the Amateur_ and Robert Reeves' _Wide-Field
Astrophotography_. And go out and shoot some film. Put some 400 film in
your camera, a 50mm lens on the front and a tripod underneath. Stop the
lens down one or two stops, expose for 15-30 seconds and see what
happens. Or same camera, lens and f-stop but expose for 10 to 20
minutes.

Enjoy.

Bill Biesele

p.s. Michael Covington was an early member of this list.