Re: [OM] Medium format film scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Medium format film scanners
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:26:43 -0800
Can anyone recommend a mid market medium format [120 film and 6x7
negatives and transparencies] film scanner good enough for scanning  for
the web. I have a Canon CanoScan FS2710 35mm film scanner with a maximum
scanning resolution of 2700dpi which is perfectly good enough for making
web images. A comparable mid market medium format film scanner would be
ideal.

Thanks

John Hudson

Seems to me that a 2700 dpi scanner to create 800x600 web images is way overkill. The new Epson flat bed with transparency adaptor selling for about $400(I forget the model number) has gotten good reviews. But you probably do not even need that good if limiting to web use.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?