[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3252

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3252
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:52:23 -0800

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:02:43 -0800
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Tope 1 new entry

Stephen Scharf wrote:

 > I  just need to figure out how mount the camera so I can take a picture
 > while riding the motorcycle!

http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/winder.html shows a very simple
camera mount I made for my OM-1 to fit on a bicycle, facing back
to take pictures of other riders.  I used a router to make a
cradle in a block of balsa wood that holds a Winder 2.  The
camera mounts to the winder as usual, with the addition of a
couple of carefully positioned nylon straps over the top of the
body to snug it down, so not all the load is on the tripod screw.
  I keep the mirror locked up so that it doesn't rattle on bumpy
roads.

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the tip. I will consider for making a such mount for the mountain bike.

I have figured out what I will do on the motorcycle. I will duct tape a tiny little tripod I have for the C4040Z to the tank, and mount the little Oly there. I can bend the legs of the tripod a bit to be able to angle the camera the the right angle. I'll mount the camera just before taking the photo.... I can fire it with my little Infrared remote control.

-Stephen Scharf
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!