Re: [OM] Re: Tripod advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Tripod advice needed
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:34:17 -0800
I use the 3236 (black version of 3036) with a 3047 head for the purpose you propose. It extends to about 7 feet without using the center column, so I normally don't even have the legs extended fully. It has sturdy leg angle locks to tighten things up even further. I generally agree with John about center columns, but I do use minor extension of the center column on the 3236 for final height adjustment. It is heavy, sturdy, locks very firmly and the gearing makes fine adjustment a joy. Readjusting legs for small height adjustment is really a pain. The problem wiht this set is weight, about 14 lbs. It doesn't go hiking with me.

Moose