[OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?

Subject: [OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:19:53 -0600
Hi all,

Just picked up an OM-2S from a local camera store. A fairly good user, so far as I have discovered so far. However, some previous owner had blacked out the "OLYMPUS" on the front of the prism housing. Anyone have any suggestions on restoring this? I'm looking for ideas on solvents I might try (carefully) to remove the blacking... I haven't figured out if it is painted, or magic-markered as yet. Not a big deal, but I kind of like letting the world know what I'm using!

P.S. The lens which came with the body (which I did not buy) had all of the front ring white letters blacked out, except for "50" and "1.8"!

Thanx for any suggestions.

Curt