[OM] landscapes

Subject: [OM] landscapes
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:46:59 -0600
If I just sent a copy of the last digest due to a twitchy mouse finger, mea
culpa, mea culpa.

What I was going to say, was:

"Another thing I've noticed is that the presentation format (about 5x7"
on my screen) is a problem for some kinds of landscapes, just as 4x6
prints are. Some 'wide angle' landscapes just don't look good in such a
small format. Everything in an 18 or 21mm shot of a "common picture of a
rolling fields with a big ole mountain in the background" with maybe a
BIG sky full of clouds just looks puny in a small size. "

There's a modestly well known painter, Keith Jacobshagen, that has done a
series of landscapes, about 12x3 inches. They are remarkable. Anyone that
has an opportunity should see them.

Again, sorry.

Bill Pearce