Re: [OM] OM Repair Tools

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Repair Tools
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:19:41 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, dreammoose wrote:

> I recently bought a set of tools for opening up OM bodies. Although I
> had tools sufficient to do this before, these are superior to what I was
> using. They are beautifully designed and manufactured tools. The
> manufacturer is listing them on eBay, with some coming up tomorrow
> morning in a dutch auction.

The tools do appear to be well manufactured, but I would be very careful
when using his wind lever wrench.  Any tool which uses the two pinhole openings
on the top of the wind lever cap will probably do damage to the trim plate.
The same goes for the self timer cap.  The best tool for the job is a plain
and simple high quality rubber stopper.  Some of the wind lever caps are also
on very tight, I have my doubts that you'll be able to get enough torque with
his tool to get them off.  The other tools look good though.
                                -mark