Re: [OM] Is this a Fang?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is this a Fang?
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:12:26 +0100
The Tamron SP 70-210 one-touch zoom has the same feature as the 3.6 re lens
hood coverage angle i.e. deep at 210mm, shallow at 70mm. Unfortunately it
does not have the 3.6's other very useful feature, a non-rotating front
element when focussing.

My 3.6 is probably the last zoom that I would sell from my rather too large
collection.

Roger Key

Moose wrote:

There are 4 different 35-70mm Zuikos that might come with a single digit
OM camera.

35-70/3.6 - The first, and only full Zuiko 35-70mm. Also the biggest and
heaviest cause it's the fastest at 70mm. Really clever, unique design
where the lens gets longer as the focal length gets shorter. Thus the
slip on lens hood that attaches behind the part that moves with zooming,
actually varies the angle it covers to be effective at all focal
lengths. The only lens I know of that does this. At the time it came
out, it was important also because it vastly outperformed the Nikon
43-86mm zoom, proving short zooms could be competitive with 50mm
standard lenses and giving Oly a 'rep' boost.

Moose