Re: [OM] OM 1n with floppy rewind

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 1n with floppy rewind
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:40:44 +0100
If you mean that the rewind crank itself is loose because the little pin
that it hinges on is loose at one end, it is quite easy to fix. There was a
discussion a few months ago on the list. But DO NOT unscrew the little
screw that you can see under the rewind lever. You need to open the camera
back (preferably remove it). Then hold the bottom end of the rewind crank
shaft (do not put anything between the fork), and separate the top and
bottom of the rewind crank by unscrewing (left-hand thread). Then you can
reseat that little pin, and put the crank back together. Be careful not to
close the back while the rewind crank is out; if you do you will have a
very big problem in opening it again....
Check the archives out to be sure my description is accurate.....

Sincerely,
Roger Key

I have recently acquired an OM 1n which has a floppy rewind crank.  Is this
an easy fix with loosening the screw and fiddling with the mechanism or
will
that only prove to be a big mistake as everything self-destructs?  Bill
Barber