Re: [OM] Zuiko 300 4.5 (followup)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 300 4.5 (followup)
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:44:42 -0800 (PST)
Thanks very much for your suggestion, Brian and thanks
for all the other suggestions from the other list
members. They see a poor little (well, maybe not
'little' ;) Zuiko being neglected and want to try and
get me to use it. Unfortunatley I don't do any real
outdoor sports photography, neither wildlife
photography very much. I used it pretty heavily during
H.S. for the yearbook and newspaper sports, but after
that it's been sitting in it's case except when I want
to take it out to look at it. I haven't ever gotten
many ideas for it though and I'm definitely filing
away all your suggestions for possible later use.

     I guess I'm still to much of a 50mm person
though, I am quite taken with the 50/2 macro I got
about 6 months ago from everyone's favorite enabler,
Mr. Scales. IMHO this lens is perhaps the most
versatile lens that Olympus ever made. I mean its 50mm
(perhaps the most versatile focal length of any), it's
fast, it's bleeding edge sharp, it's a great macro
lens, and it has a wonderful feel to it, a bit more
substantial than normal Zuiko's, but still wonderfully
compact.

Mark Lloyd