Carrying concealed was: [OM] Zuiko 100mm varieties

Subject: Carrying concealed was: [OM] Zuiko 100mm varieties
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:47:42 -0700
> It sounds like a neat lens although I can frequently sneak the 100 f/2.8
> into concerts and the f/2 wouldn't work for that!  My formula is to wear
my
> hunting vest with pockets stuffed with film and the 135 f/2.8 lens.  At
the
> back of the neck is a D-ring.  I hang the OM with 100mm f/2.8 from that,
> inside my vest.  The bouncers are so busy looking for the NEXT underage
> drinker that they don't look at the BACKS of people who they already

 One thing I found helps _immensely_ for carrying a body+lens without
'bulging' is to carry the two separately. An OM body with no lens on is
about the same size as a large wallet, and the lens on its own is definitely
pocket-sized; it's only when the two are connected to one another that the
combination starts to become awkward.

 With this sort of arrangement, I can snowboard with the body tucked inside
a mitten in one (inside) jacket pocket, and two lenses in a lens case in the
other pocket -- everything's relatively well padded, nothing bulges too
much, and it's easily accessible.

 It takes a couple of seconds more to assemble things than it would if I had
the lens mounted, but it's _so_ much smaller this way..

 just a thought.

 -- dan