[OM] OM] Zuiko 100mm varieties

Subject: [OM] OM] Zuiko 100mm varieties
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:16:26 +1200
Hi Mark,

My thoughts too. The f/2 focuses closer, and has special low-dispersion
glass and extraordinary partial dispersion glass in the front groups ( to quote
from "The Design concept behind the Zuiko Interchangeable lens system".
For those into bokeh, the f/2 is excellent.

I have found this lens a real challenge to get out of it what it should deliver
based on the specifications. I'm still not sure I understand it. Watch out for
focussing past infinity, and diaphragm / mirror / shutter vibrations upsetting
sharpness ( and probably contrast too). Mine seems to have a very strong
aperture return spring which I suspect of adding to vibration. . I'm interested
to hear what you feel about the strength of yours.

Some of my shots using it can be seen at the URL below.

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/recent.htm

Brian