Re: [OM] OM-2sp with minro issues

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2sp with minro issues
From: Ed Senior <newshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:05:38 -0500
Henrik,

I read these two posts and started wondering... how long ago did you lose your camera? Could it be the same one? Stranger things have happened!

Ed Senior

Henrik Dahl wrote:

Jon

I once had a 2SP that started behaving exactly like that. The person who
stole it is probably still experiencing the same problem. I *think* this may
have to do with the exp comp dial being dirty or in other ways getting bad
contact. If so it should be easily fixable.
It's probably more of a disturbing than a "fatal" problem

Henrik Dahl

Hi guys,

Quick question.  An OM-2sp that has a small issue.  "The meter sometimes
goes a bit 'haywire' and the LCD display shoots up to the top. Things return
to normal if you tap the exposure compensation dial.  This problem has not
got any worse over the last 5 years."

Is this a common issue for the OM-2sp ?  Is it indicative of a more serious
issue ?  Dodgy / cracked circuit board ?  Or is it just something they do
occasionally and not something to worry about.

Please let me know your thoughts asap as the auction closes soon !!

Thanks loads,

Jon Mitchell