[OM] Who is Negresco? -- follow-up

Subject: [OM] Who is Negresco? -- follow-up
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 13:34:29 -0800
"Back in December I noticed a few auctions that looked similar to our friend
Negresco's. I found two or three other names that all shared at least the same
yellow background photos and "over the top" descriptions.

"It's possible the new eBay IDs are not associates of Gerhard's. However I can
find no current auctions for negresco, and the second related name was
"emanuele." It seems to have changed to emanuele-cameras.

"I have been fortunate to have only had one transaction with these guys and it
went okay, but I was counting my fingers when I was done, even though we never
shook hands. I think this is a perfect example of your "Sales Type Slime"
evolving to a lower life form."

The Website for the eBay store you referenced is photocamera.com, the same as
Gerhard Kleinehagenbrock's (negresco). It appears he is now using a new name
(emanuele).

This suggests -- at the very least -- he developed a bad reputation and needed
to change his name. I do not, however, believe Mr. Kleinehagenbrock is
consciously dishonest. He did, after all, fix my camera and offer to refund the
purchase price. It's rather that his sense of business values is so different
from the peoples' he sells to that he's likely to create animosity.

I see no reason not to do business with Gerhard -- he has some good stuff. But
I would be very cautious, and absolutely certain of what you're buying before
you send money.