Re: [OM] To improve, take more photos.. but to improve, take fewer photo

Subject: Re: [OM] To improve, take more photos.. but to improve, take fewer photos?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:48:44 -0800
In a message dated 3/14/2002 John Lind writes:

<< If you have kept some of your initial work, go back through and
compare it to your most recent. >>

I keep it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Looking back, the
comparison is frightening. But, there are some gems dating back from the
days when I was starting to "figure it out" back in the mid-to-late
1980s (my first photographic passion was abstract nature work when I
first started learning photography in the early 1970s--my mom wishes I
still did more of that today). Confidence and consistency came along
much later. Practice helps enormously, and I can't ever get enough of
that (club shooting helps there a little--but them street cars, even the
500hp ones, are just too darned slow).

It has only been the past few years that I have been able to really
visualize and slow down what I am about to get enough to really
anticipate it predictably. I do this "my way" and "for myself" first and
foremost in hopes that there is something unique that others enjoy when
I share the work with them. Seems to work since my sales are still
trending up--slowly.

I might also mention, our relative newcomer to the list, Stephen, seems
to have this motorsports stuff down real well using OMs too from what I
have seen so far.

The important thing I always try to keep in mind is to never stop
learning. There are some incredible photographers on this list and I owe
you all a debt of gratitude for the knowledge I gain from being a part
of this list--well worth the occasional noise level flare-ups we have
here ;-) I hope in some ways I can return that favor to all of you
someday.

Thanks again John.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography