[OM] What's Your Favorite OM Body?

Subject: [OM] What's Your Favorite OM Body?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:55:27 EST
Bob Gries wrote:

>snip
if you slide
the 2sp spot meter over these areas, you will have to remember what each
of those values were before deciding on the correct exposure.  However,
if you had the -3 or -4, you would be able to see their relationship on
a graph (e.g. that part "A" is 2/3 stop brighter that part "B") and
would be able to make a better judgment from that.
>snip

That's about how I use the OM-2S's spot meter.  Aim it all around the scene
and do a mental "average" of several readings, biasing towards the intended
subject.  And then bracket for insurance.  So far, this method hasn't
disappointed me.  The failures have been obvious, and all mine (test roll:
"Oh, sh*t, the foreground is all shadow, you dummy, and that's all you
metered!").  My learning curve is still pretty steep, as I don't get out
enough to "practice", but spring is upon us!  I'm gettin' a bad case of
Zuikoitis just reading the list and seeing the sun try to break through here.

I like to think that someday I'll be good enough with the -2S that I can
stand side by side with somebody using a -4 or -4T/Ti and get as good a shot
by using my mental averaging, and maybe even get that shot off quicker than
the -4 operator does, while he's lookin' at his graph.

I don't worry half as much about exposure (I TRUST the camera for that) as I
do about focus (sometimes I just throw up my hands and fall back on the lens
markings).  Maybe I'm wrong?

Ag Schnozz, what's your method with the OM-2S?  Any suggestions?

Rich (I want my 16-year-old eyes back)