RE: [OM] Free Image Editor observation

Subject: RE: [OM] Free Image Editor observation
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:50:47 -0700
> So, for now, I'm using a combination of ULEAD PhotoImpact for
> dust removal, Macromedia XRes for advanced editing (airbrush,
> color manipulation, content editing),

 Yes, I still use a really old version of PicturePublisher (so old it
doesn't even preemptively multitask) for post-scanning image touchup,
because it has a nice easy-to-use clone tool, and it's built to let you
_draw_ stuff, rather than fiddle with existing images. Even when I used
Photoshop, though, I had a terrible time creating new images -- high-level
manipulation it's great, but for starting with a blank image and drawing
something, it's a pain to work out what's going on.

 -- dan