RE: [OM] Free Image Editor observation

Subject: RE: [OM] Free Image Editor observation
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:04:23 -0800 (PST)
>  Another nice thing about the Gimp is that it'll do pretty
> much everything
> Photoshop will, and they've done their best to replicate the
> Photoshop
> dialogs -- so if you follow tips from Photoshop sites on how
> to do things,
> the chances of being able to replicate those in the Gimp are
> pretty good.

Maybe.  I'm not impressed with the processing speed.  I couldn't
get it to airbrush worth a hoot. The sharpening tool wasn't the
greatest either, as it was hardly interactive compared to what
I'm used to with XRes.  However, I can see that it is a work in
progress and that it wasn't really meant to work under MS
Windows.  I'm not excited about having multiple computers just
to do certain things.

So, for now, I'm using a combination of ULEAD PhotoImpact for
dust removal, Macromedia XRes for advanced editing (airbrush,
color manipulation, content editing), and Gimp for resizing and
anything else that I learn that it does better.

AG-Schnozz